Intercultural Literacy

May 11, 2003



From the southwestern part of USA, Arizona, I am blogging my initial venture. Born in the state of Michigan, I have lived most of my life in the western states of Arizona, California, Texas, and Hawaii with multiple trips to the far east including Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Philippines, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia and Kenya through my former life as a navy helicopter pilot. Now a high school math teacher, I also teach as an adjunct for Embry Riddle Aeronautical University and am working on a second masters degree in Adult Education and Distance Learning through University of Phoenix. My humble web site needs updating which is one of my summer goals this year while I try to keep out of the 100+ temperatures here in Tempe, Arizona.

Michael D Warner
P.S. Happy Mothers' Day

Responses:

By Colin Ong [5/12/2003]:

Hi Michael. Visited your site and found it very informative.

Do you have any information/links to scenario case studies, especially in crisis management??@With the outbreak of SARS in Singapore and immediate ASEAN region, I have had some requests for more literature in this area. Thanks.

By the way, this is the first time I am blogging. I think it is a great way to share our thoughts :)

Colin Ong in Singapore

Mike Warner replies [5/16/2003]:

Hi Colin. Thanks for your comments about my web site. In regard to your request for links to case studies on crisis management a on crisis management and SARS, I found more than 200 links on Google.com although I have not checked the relevance of each, here is one site that might be worth tracking if you are not already doing so: http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/sars/ The http://www.google.com search words I used were "case study, crisis management, SARS" Let me know if that works for you or I can send you some more links directly.


Home